AML in Crypto
Due to ever changing regulatory landscape for cryptocurrencies, rules & regulations keep evolving and new ones are added. Cryptocurrencies are still new and people around the world are starting to understand their implications and use. Understanding the rules & regulations globally is important.
During this webinar, we will go over the current rules and regulations around the world and learn how they are incorporated into your roles and responsibilities. In, we will discuss the future of regulations and where they can go from its infancy.
We will also go over the current rules and regulations in the US and around the world so we can learn how they are incorporated into your roles and responsibilities.
By the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of Crypto
- Know the steps organizations have to take to stay in compliance
- Understand the crypto regulations around the world.
|Date||9th of February, 2024|
|Time||14:00 – 18:00 UK Time|
|Cost||£ 474.- (incl. VAT)|
Introduction to this module
- Why it’s important?
- What you will learn?
Introduction to the crypto world
- What is crypto?
- What is blockchain?
- What is an ICO?
Crypto currency Exchange or digital exchange
- What is a CCE?
- What are the risks and how to prevent them?
Introduction to crypto compliance
- Concerns from regulators
- Why is crypto compliance important?
- What is money laundering?
- Three phases of money laundering
- What are the rules and regulations?
- Red flags
- Who do they target?
- Types of sanctions
- Who creates them?
- Understanding KYC and its importance
- CDD vs. EDD
- What information do you need from a potential customer?
- How to check and verify
KYT (Know your transaction)
Rules and regulations around the world
- Travel rule
Combating the Financing of Terrorism (CFT)
Risk of non-compliance
Types of fraud
- Scams, fraud
- Imposter Websites, Pyramid Schemes, Pump n Dumps, ICO Scams
- How do we prevent these crimes?
Crypto compliance program
- A designated compliance officer
- Internal controls
- Independent testing
- CDD vs EDD
Future state of regulations around the world
This program is designed to provide a fundamental base on sanctions, including the how they are created and enforced. We will use real-life examples to give you a sense of what happens when sanctions occur and why.
Who is Justin Muscolino?
Justin brings over 20 years of wide-arranging experience in compliance, training and regulations. He has previously worked in the Head of Compliance Training function for Macquarie Group, UBS, JPMorgan Chase, Bank of China, and GRC Solutions. Justin also runs his own Compliance Training company focusing on US & International regulations.
Justin also worked for FINRA, a US regulator, where he created Examiner University to train examiners on how to perform their function. He also serves as an advisor for the Global Compliance Institute (GCI) and instructs at the Barret School of Business and various compliance training providers.
The programme is ideal for:
- C-Level Executives and Senior Managers in Investment Firms
- Compliance Officers
- Marketing Managers and Officers
- Sales and Business Development Executives
- Internal Auditors
- Internal Lawyers
- External Auditors, Lawyers and Financial Consultants
Price - 474
Duration - 4
CPDs - 4
Ticket Options - paid
Ticket Price -