Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF)
Terrorist financing is often seen as a side-issue or niche within the illicit finance arena…. Until a terrorist attack happens. Recent efforts suggest that identifying, tracking and preventing terrorist funding is extremely difficult; particularly within the context of recent ‘lone-actor’ or ‘small cell’ threats. There is however, a body of experience from red flags to good practice from recent events which helps financial institutions to identify and share key intelligence, to assist law enforcement and other agencies in the fight against global terrorism. This short course will set out the key elements of this critical risk arena.
This short course seeks to deliver greater awareness and confidence to those tasked with understanding this specific and potentially high-risk area of financial crime.
Price £350.00 + VAT
Through presentations, facilitated discussion and case studies, the session will provide an overview of:
- Legal and regulatory requirements for terrorist financing and other financial crime
- Basics of CTF and crossover with other crime
- Protection of the firm and individuals in relation to CTF
- Basics of intelligence development and financial crime investigations
- Importance of partnership with external agencies
On completion of this half-day course delegates will be able to:
- Understand unique decision and risk making in relation to CTF
- Be aware of relevant local and international CTF law and regulations
- Explain the impact of CTF on clients, financial institutions and wider public
- Identify relevant sources of guidance and information for CTF
- Consider intelligence and red flags as indicators of CTF or criminality
- Articulate rationale and complete key documentation regarding risk
- Understand the importance of clarity in communication
- Consider the importance of developing a rapid response capability
- Develop intelligence-led investigation techniques; enabling work with key partners
Who is the course suitable for?
This highly interactive dynamic training programme offers an unmatched experience that is designed for Financial Crime/Compliance Professionals, AML/CFT Investigators and Intelligence Analysts. The ultimate objective is to take the students into a ‘deep dive’ of an assessment of Financial data identifying and analyzing trends and methods of financial crime activity and building confidence and capability to report more effectively.