This course is about control accounts, journals and methods of payment. It takes you through reconciliation processes and the use of the journal to the stage of redrafting the trial balance, following initial adjustments.
This course covers more complex bookkeeping procedures, which will enable you to develop your understanding of the relationship between the various accounting records and consolidate your knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping. You will gain the confidence you need to perform well in the workplace and the course will prepare you for greater responsibility.
You will develop the ability to prepare the value added tax (VAT) control account as well as the sales and purchases ledger control accounts, including reconciliation with the sales and purchases ledgers. You will use the journal to record a variety of transactions, including the correction of errors. You will be able to redraft the initial trial balance, following adjustments, and be able to identify different methods of payment and their use. You will learn to update the cash book following receipt of a bank statement, and also how to prepare a bank reconciliation statement.
1. Understand payment methods
2. Understand controls in a bookkeeping system
3. Use control accounts
4. Use the journal
5. Reconcile a bank statement with the cash book
We will support you every step of the way throughout your AAT learning experience with us. You can contact a tutor and get the help you need quickly and easily.
Provided by our Tutors Support team (our dedicated team of expert tutors):
• Live chat (instant response via online messenger system)
• Email (we’ll get back to you within 1 working day)
• Discussion forum (we’ll get back to you within 1 working day)
• Request a call back so you can speak to a tutor (we’ll arrange a call with you within 1 day).
Why study AAT with LGCA?
• Study anywhere, anytime on your laptop, phone or tablet through this fully online learning
• Award-winning learner management system (LMS)
• Immediate start
• Access to practice questions and mock assessments
• Topic focused learning modules, containing tutor-led bite-sized videos
• Engaging activities designed for effective online learning
• Integrated programme to guide you efficiently through the whole syllabus
Registration and Access
Once you complete an online purchase you will receive confirmation of account activation. Please allow 48 hours to get access to all the modules and for your eLearning account to be set up.
If you wish to receive an invoice instead of paying online, please contact us at email@example.com . Access to the course is valid for 365 days.